Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access the URL behind an iOS Web App

Hello, is it possible to get behind the URL of an iOS web app? I want to install the web app on a corporate-iPhone but I want that nobody else can access this web app. So is it possible that somebody is able to get behind the URL on the iPhone (so he copys the URL and gives it to somebody else and this person installs this app also on his/her own iPhone) or by connecting the corporate-iPhone to iTunes? But of course I delete the entry under "History" in iOS Mobile Safari!

thanks for your help

Benedikt Brünner

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 6:15 AM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2012 8:47 AM in response to KiltedTim

Not realy, I mant that I have installed the Web App from the website http://testwebappiphone.test on the iPhone which was created with Dashcode. And I want to know if any user who gets this iPhone is able to visit the URL "http://testwebappiphone.test" so he would be able to install this web app on his iPhone. So the question: Is it able to get the URL where the Web App access. (Doesn't mater with the aid of iTunes or the iPhone itsself).

Mar 26, 2012 9:04 AM in response to KiltedTim

Yes, this was just an exaple. the ending .test doesn't exist. But if you need i have done this: LINK You have to open it on your iPhone because else it isn't displayed correctly. And the question: Fore example I install this app on an corporate-iPhone and i give this to a workman. Is he able to get the URL of this LINK or is he just able to access this iPhone web app, but can't get the URL of this LINK!

Access the URL behind an iOS Web App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.