Skip navigation

Wifi with commercial networks

162 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 8:39 AM by Lawrence Lessig RSS
Lawrence Lessig Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 26, 2012 8:39 AM

I've unfortunately made two changes making it hard to figure out which is causing this, but I suspect the problem is Lion. Since upgrading to Lion (and with a new MacBook Pro), I have found Wifi at airports unusable. These are Wifi networks supported by, e.g., ATT, Boingo, or airports generally — basically any wifi network where you need to log in to get access (as opposed to give a key). The new fancy automatic detection system  is INCREDIBLY slow. Yesterday, it took me 20 minutes before the system would connect (even through I was in areas with maximum bars coverage).

Is there someway to downgrade the code that's being used? The machine has become essentially useless when traveling (3G on my phone is better).

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.