Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement Battery Capacity

Hello

Yesterday i received a new iBook battery which i ordered from Apple UK to replace my dying existing battery. I installed the battery and ran Coconut and it showed 100% capacity at 4400mAh. I fully charged it then unplugged the power cable and ran the iBook until it went to sleep as per the calibration instructions on Apples site.

I have just ran Coconut again and after one charge cycle its saying the battery is at 99% capacity (4359mAh). So from one charge cycle the battery has lost 41mAh. Is this normal for a new battery? I am concerned that it has lost a disproportional amount of capacity for one charge cycle.

Should i be concerned?

Paul

iBook G4 800mhz, Mac OS X (10.4.5)

Posted on Feb 27, 2006 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2006 12:12 AM

No, when I first fully discharged my ibook battery just over four months ago it lost about 135 mAh (sounds like your lucky to me), and it hasn't lost any mAh since even though I am now at 12 cycles.
2 replies

Replacement Battery Capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.