Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slide show

How do I trim the beginning of an audio clip in the slide show? I can trim the end but not the beginning. The audio clip is below the images in the slideshow. I am using Aperture 3.2.2

Barbara

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 10:01 AM

11 replies

Mar 26, 2012 8:01 PM in response to BarbaraS

OK I think we're talking about different things.

In Aperture on the secondary audio track you can adjust where the audio track starts and ends in relation to the slides but the audio track will always start at its beginning. You can't edit an audio track in Aperture to make it start at other then its beginning.

So you can slide the complete track keeping it's length, you can grab the end of the track and make the track shorter (but not longer) and you can grab the front of the track and adjust where it starts in relation to the slides.

Does this answer your question?

Mar 27, 2012 1:43 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

You can't edit an audio track in Aperture to make it start at other then its beginning.

Barbara, do you add the audio clips from iTunes using the Media Browser? Then you can set the beginning of the audio clip directly in iTunes like this:

• In the Browser window in iTunes select the clip (and create a copy if you do not want to trim the original: to copy select "Advanced -> Create AAC-version")
  • Open the Info panel for your clip with "File -> Get Info ⌘-I"
  • Open the "Options" tab and set the start time you wish - the format is minutes:seconds
  • Press o.k.

User uploaded file

Replace the audio clip in your slideshow by the modified clip from the Media Browser. It will now start at the time you set in iTunes.

Regards

Léonie

slide show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.