Skip navigation

slide show

441 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2012 8:18 AM by Frank Caggiano RSS
BarbaraS Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 26, 2012 10:01 AM

How do I trim the beginning of an audio clip in the slide show? I can trim the end but not the beginning. The audio clip is below the images in the slideshow. I am using Aperture 3.2.2

Barbara

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)
  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (22,760 points)
    Mar 26, 2012 10:58 AM (in response to BarbaraS)

The same way you trim the back. Move the mouse over the start of the audio track until it changes into the trim tool then click and drag.

Mar 26, 2012 8:01 PM (in response to BarbaraS)

OK I think we're talking about different things.

In Aperture on the secondary audio track you can adjust  where the audio track starts and ends in relation to the slides but the audio track will always start at its beginning. You can't edit an audio track in Aperture to make it start at other then its beginning.

So you can slide the complete track keeping it's length, you can grab the end of the track and make the track shorter (but not longer) and you can grab the front of the track and adjust where it starts in relation to the slides.

Does this answer your question?

• léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,380 points)
    Mar 27, 2012 1:43 AM (in response to Frank Caggiano)

You can't edit an audio track in Aperture to make it start at other then its beginning.

Barbara, do you add the audio clips from iTunes using the Media Browser? Then you can set the beginning of the audio clip directly in iTunes like this:

• In the Browser window in iTunes select the clip (and create a copy if you do not want to trim the original: to copy select "Advanced -> Create AAC-version")
    • Open the Info panel for your clip with "File -> Get Info ⌘-I"
    • Open the "Options" tab and set the start time you wish - the format is minutes:seconds
    • Press o.k.

clipclip.png

Replace the audio clip in your slideshow by the modified clip from the Media Browser. It will now start at the time you set in iTunes.

Regards

Léonie

Mar 27, 2012 7:10 AM (in response to léonie)

Of course that will change the track in iTunes also, something to be aware of if  it is a song you play with iTunes.

And songs starting in the middle usually don't sound very good.  You might want to take a look at having the track fade in, that might sound more pleasing.

Mar 27, 2012 7:20 AM (in response to Frank Caggiano)

Of course that will change the track in iTunes also, something to be aware of if  it is a song you play with iTunes.

That's why I suggested to create a copy ...

Mar 27, 2012 7:28 AM (in response to léonie)

Ahh I missed that, sorry

Mar 27, 2012 7:57 AM (in response to Frank Caggiano)

No need to apologize - my suggestion was in parentheses anyway and easy to miss

How to fade in and fade out I have shown to BarbaraS in the other thread:

Re: Slide Show

https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-17955140-101380/audioSlideshow.png

Mar 27, 2012 8:18 AM (in response to BarbaraS)

Before going through all the steps to make a copy and edit it etc, why not try to fade in over the applause, if you have not already  tried it.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.