Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I revert to finalized version?

I opened a project I finalized (Project One), and deleted about half an hour of footage from it (I stupidly thought I could "save" my new movie as a new project and keep my finalized Project One version too). But there is no "save as" option -now it wont let me undo my deletions now Ive found that out - how can I go back to the finalized version? Ive ran out of undo, and I last backed up before I made Project One.

Im absolutely devastated (Project One was weeks of wrk).

Any help so appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 2:36 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2012 3:04 PM in response to ladamanera

For future reference, when you want to use a project as a base for a different project, but keep the original intact, here is how you do it. Select the project in the project library. Then click FILE/DUPLICATE PROJECT and give the duplicate a name.

As for now, I fear there may be no way to help you, but here are some things to check.

1) Are you running Time Machine? You can get it back from your Time Machine backup.

2) Did you share a copy to iTunes? That copy may still exist.

3) When you Finalize or Share to Media Browser, it would put those copies in the project package. Normally, when you start editing a project that you have already shared or finalized, it will ask you if you are sure, then it will delete those finalized copies so it can have room for your new project. Just to make sure, open the Finder and go to your project in the Movies/iMovie Projects folder. Then right click on the project and go to the Movies folder in the project package. The movies there would be the most recent you have finalized. I am pretty sure it deletes these when you start editing your movie, but I could be wrong.

how do I revert to finalized version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.