Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EQ substitute / workaround for GarageBand?

So I'm using the USB camera connection kit to connect my PreSonus Audiobox and condenser microphone to my new iPad and GarageBand . That works wonderfully...Now I want to tweak the vocal EQ ever so slightly but there is no EQ in GB. I thought GarageBand supported the AudioCopy/Paste feature and I was going to use another EQ app to adjust but it appears GB does not support the AudioCopy function. Any ideas on how to adjust the EQ of a vocal track in GB or should i record it in another app, adjust and then paste into GB. I know there's other multitrack apps out there, but the string instruments in GB are great and I doin't want to switch now! there must be some sort of easy workaround short of copying the vocal to a clean song and emailing it to my pc to edit. I'm sure I'm not the only one having this issue...

Gabe

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 2:30 PM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2012 3:43 PM in response to GABritton

I want EQ in GarageBand too - so that I can apply it to the instrument for live performance - I use the upright bass sample which is magnificent - but has a little too much hi frequency going in to my amplifier - I roll off all the high & mid on my amp - but it's still too bright - I don't want to have to bring an EQ foot pedal with me on my gigs - this is frustrating - but I guess we'll just have to wait for the iOS developers to add EQ and compression etc etc to the iOS version of GarageBand. Wish they'd hurry up!!!! I also would like the camera kit mini-USB to iPhone 4 to work - then I could just use my iPhone for the instrument and not have to bring a 2nd iPad to my gigs - wish they'd hurry up with that development too.

Tim

EQ substitute / workaround for GarageBand?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.