Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an AT&T Email Account that doesn't work with Mail for Lion

I've had this email account with AT&T for a few years and it has worked with Mac Mail with no difficulty for a few years. Recently the account has been able to receive messages. Every time I hit Get Mail it asks for a password. I have installed all the latest updates through Software Update. I have a Mac Mini with OS Lion. After struggling for awhile, my inbox eventually comes in. I have reset all the incoming and outgoing POP Server accounts, as well as used the Webmail version through Yahoo.com and it all works fine. What is going on and how can I continue to use this program.

Mac mini (Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 2:19 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2012 2:31 PM in response to bstaar

Go to the AT&T support site and verify that you have setup Mail with the correct confuguration, i.e., ports, server names, etc. Otherwise, you haven't provided enough details to be of much assistance.

Rcommend that you get a .me account and start using IMAP email in lieu of POP3. You can then configure your existing AT&T account to forward all email to your .me account.

I have an AT&T Email Account that doesn't work with Mail for Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.