Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No app store sign in, re-install?

My iteration of the Mac App store will not allow me to sign in.

I litterally do not get a sign in dialog of any type.

I'm wondering if there is a way to re-install the app store module to see if that restores sign in ability.

Mac App Store-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 10:16 PM

Hi ..

Yes, installing the OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo) will reinstall the App Store for you.

Restart your Mac after the combo is installed.

If that didn't help, some third party apps like Little Snitch can prevent the Sign In window from appearing > Mac App Store: Sign in sheet does not appear, or does not accept typed text

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2012 10:16 PM in response to brevemike

Hi ..

Yes, installing the OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo) will reinstall the App Store for you.

Restart your Mac after the combo is installed.

If that didn't help, some third party apps like Little Snitch can prevent the Sign In window from appearing > Mac App Store: Sign in sheet does not appear, or does not accept typed text

No app store sign in, re-install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.