Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I eliminate the pull down and extract the extra frames?

I shot some footage with the HVX200 in 24P, using the Firestore-100, instead of P2cards

This means that the footage was converted using a pulldown to make it 60 FPS.

I bourght the camera for the 24P frames, and to get the film like images.

I was thinking of eliminating the pulldown and extract just the active, original frames of all my footage and to get the P2 card for all future shoots.

I have about 14 hours of footage. I am wondering if this is too complicated?

Wouild I use Cinema tools? or Apple's Frame Rate Converter Utility?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 7:05 PM

YOu have film like images. You have the 24p look....just in a 60 frame container.

Sorry, there is no way to "remove pulldown" from 60 frame material. That process is designed for removing pulldown from 29.97 footage...it doesn't work with 59.94 footage.

That camera does 23.98...if you shoot 720p 24pN. That option is only available on P2 cards. It also shoots 1080i 24pA...which is 24p in a 29.97 stream with Advance Pulldown..meaning it can be removed when you log and capture. But getting 23.98 while recording to a Firestore...not plausible.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2012 7:05 PM in response to LawrenceFerr01

YOu have film like images. You have the 24p look....just in a 60 frame container.

Sorry, there is no way to "remove pulldown" from 60 frame material. That process is designed for removing pulldown from 29.97 footage...it doesn't work with 59.94 footage.

That camera does 23.98...if you shoot 720p 24pN. That option is only available on P2 cards. It also shoots 1080i 24pA...which is 24p in a 29.97 stream with Advance Pulldown..meaning it can be removed when you log and capture. But getting 23.98 while recording to a Firestore...not plausible.

How can I eliminate the pull down and extract the extra frames?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.