Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I have Apple TV learn a new Bose remote?

We just setup the Apple TV (newest avl this month) and our Bose remote will not operate it. The Apple TV is connected to the Bose system via HDMI. We cannot connect it to our TV and then to Bose using audio input b/c we don't have an available port on the Bose system to do that.

Do we need to use the Apple TV software to initiate a pairing with the Bose remote, or do we need to update the Bose settings to pair with Apple TV (setup a code for it in Bose system settings)?😕

AppleTV 2

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 7:01 AM

9 replies

Mar 27, 2012 7:33 AM in response to CKsMBP

The ATV2 and ATV3 remotes are simple IR remotes(They the same model actually). You can try paring the ATV3 with the bose remote you can find the Remote settings under the general setting menu on the ATV3. The support article will tell you how to accomplish paring and un-pairing the Apple remote. IT would also help to know which model Bose remote you have.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1555?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Dec 24, 2014 9:43 AM in response to exuberantkay

Thanks exuberantkay, that second code worked perfectly. Hope this helps others... I was starting to get frustrated when the code in the manual (2414) didn't work and the settings configuration wasn't working either.

For any trying to duplicate, here are the steps I took to pair my Bose Solo 15 universal remote with an AppleTV 3.

1. Turn on AppleTV and Bose Solo 15 sound system
  2. On the Bose Solo 15 remote, press and hold the appropriate source button until all six source buttons glow, then release. (I used AUX 1 for mine)
  3. Enter 02615 and then press the + button on the volume to complete.

That's it. No crazy settings trying to configure the remote, it should just work out of the box. Menu should be bound to menu, arrows to arrows, okay to the center button, and play/pause are both bound to the same function as well.

Good luck! Like this post if it helps, it'll help drive traffic to help others with the same solution.

How do I have Apple TV learn a new Bose remote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.