Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inherited a iCal calendar at new job. Changed the account info, synced old users info.

I started a new job, and inherited my predecessors' e-mail, mac and iCal calendar. I changed thought I changes all her info to mine (in iCal preferences and on the mac), and it shows my e-mail address and info on the mac. But when I synced it to my new iPhone though iCloud (which I setup when I updated to Lions, it was previously on Snow Leopard) - it started calling me by her name and shows all her info. I'm not sure what else I need to change or where it is pulling this info from. I got the iPhone to stop calling me by her name, but it doesn't solve the issue of the account info still being hers.

I'm not sure where else I should be looking or what to do from here.

Thanks in advance!!!

iPhone 4S, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iCal, iCloud

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 10:15 AM

1 reply

Mar 27, 2012 6:40 PM in response to Becks0019

Greetings,

Questions:

• Where are you seeing her information? In iCal on the Mac or the Calendar.app on an iPhone?
  • What information is showing as hers? (Calendars, contacts, email etc.)

I don't know how long you've been using this account on the computer or if there is any data in it that you need which belonged to her (like spreadsheets and other documents) but I generally suggest making one's own account rather that using someone elses. That way you don't have to worry about what data they may have left behind: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.7/en/mtusr001.html

While you answer the above questions I would suggest:

1. Go to Apple > System Preferences > iCloud and make sure your account name is signed in.
  2. Go to Settings > iCloud on the iPhone and make sure your account name is signed in.

Cheers.

Inherited a iCal calendar at new job. Changed the account info, synced old users info.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.