Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password WRONG error on load, "saved" password fix?

Every time i open iTunes it loads the store and tells me the password is wrong, showing up the account sign in box with username and password already filled in.
I have to delete the "saved" password and replace it with the correct one. But this is EVERYTIME. It doesn't seem to save my new password.

Is there something i'm missing to fix this?

iTunes 10.6.0.40-OTHER, Other OS, Windows 8 consumer ED

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 12:35 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2012 4:37 AM in response to seannyyx

I had this problem too, and had about given up on finding the answer. These steps worked for me, and I hope they help you too.

Click Cancel when the wrong password comes up in the popup login window.

Go to Store menu and select View My Account.

Type in the correct password.

Scroll to the bottom of Account Information page and select Done.

Close iTunes.

Re-open.

Or maybe, before closing iTunes, you have to go to Store menu , select Sign Out, and then close iTunes.

When I followed these steps, and then re-opened iTunes, the Store opened without asking me to sign in.

I then went to Store > Sign In and when the popup login window came up, I needed to fill in my username and password. Now, unless I Sign Out, I don't have that login information pop up at all.

I hope this helps. I'm not sure if all of these steps were actually necessarily. You might not need to close and re-open iTunes, but I thought I would just in case.

Password WRONG error on load, "saved" password fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.