Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I will be traveling to Rome and Paris. I'm concerned about frying my IPad when charging the battery. Will I need a converter/adapter to charge the battery or do I just need an adapter.

I will be traveling to Rome and Paris and I'm concerned about frying my iPad when charging. Will I need a converter/adapter when charging or will I just use an adapter?

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 5:00 PM

4 replies

Mar 27, 2012 5:19 PM in response to Mimiviv

There are 2 issues when travelling..

1. Adapter - has to do with physical prongs (nothing to do with frying)

2. Converter - has to do with actual wattage (frying)

u have to check the small fine print on the back of the white charger. If it says 240 (which I belive it does), you are all set and dont need a converter.

You still need an adaptor for the change in prongs. You can find it in Target...Adapters are cheap. Converters are expensive.

Mar 27, 2012 6:33 PM in response to Mimiviv

what RBRY says. Look at the fine print on your power brick. It says 100v-240v. This means it can handle world wattage.....both the us 110 and the UK/and other places 220. Anything that displays that range works anywhere in the world with the right plug adapter.

You can get plug adapters at walgreens, walmart, target, kmart, best buy, office max, office depot.....almost any major retailer. Look in the travel/luggage area.

Do some googling and find out what Italian plugs look like or you can simply find a kit that is a 'world wide' kit.

I will be traveling to Rome and Paris. I'm concerned about frying my IPad when charging the battery. Will I need a converter/adapter to charge the battery or do I just need an adapter.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.