3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2012 11:40 AM by Frank Caggiano
Douglas Parks Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

Does anyone know of an easy way to create a catalog that has images fro Aperture into a catalog which also includes pricing?  Seems most of the photo hosting sites like smugmug don't do this for you

Any pointers appreciated

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.1)
  • William Lloyd Level 7 Level 7 (20,980 points)

Aperture has nothing to do with selling photographs.  That's not what it's for.  It's a photo editor, not commerce software ;-)

That said, if you use SmugMug, you can use the excellent SmugInPro plug-in which can do round-trip with Aperture (it will let you replace SmugMug photos in-place).  So if you set prices on your galleries in SmugMug, it's easy.

• Douglas Parks Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)

William,

Thanks for the response. I know that this is not the role of aperture itself. As you mentioned I do use the plugin to place photographs (exporttosmugmug plugin) and I was looking to see if anyone knew of a similar plugin that would export to say Pages where I could add in pricing information and create a printable catalog. I know sites do this (not smugmug but say fineartamerica.com) I am just looking for a way I can do this myself for my photos hanging in a local gallery. Perhaps I need to create a plugin or at the very least a Pages template to help out others desiring this.

Thanks!

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (25,715 points)

In Aperture you can create both Books and Web pages so one of these might fix your need.  You could look into creating a theme for doing the pricing stuff in either.

Creating a theme is a lot easier than creating a plug-in.

If you want to do the work in Pages creating a Script that would export the images from Aperture and then manipulate them in Pages is also an option.

regards