Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook random shutdown not solved... yet after years!!

I have been for almost a year trying to solve a problem with my MacBook unibody A1342. The classic 'random shutdown' problem. First, in the MacOnline store @ Viña del Mar, Chile, where I bought it, they said I have to send it to a service office in Santiago (150km far). They changed the power cord. They never saw the random shutdown problem and obviously I still have the same problem. Have changed the power cord again, three months later (guarantee expired)... and searching since then (a year ago) for a solution.

For a service review, now MacOnline store charges me CLP$49000 (about US$100 dollars) only for diagnostic.... Obviously until I have a minimal hope for a solution, I won't give up that hundred bugs... to wait for them to say 'no solution'

Is there a real solution for this massive problem with this **** MacBook???

There is a way that this piece of plastic & aluminium worth the US$1400 that I spent on it? The only Apple product I have, and this crappy!!!??? There is some hope?

angered to ****...

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8), the same with the Softcover problem

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 6:30 PM

There are no replies.

MacBook random shutdown not solved... yet after years!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.