Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorization Issue

Hello everyone - I sent this question to Apple's online support and I got an awful response. They just told me to go read the articles that I already read. I'm hoping this community can point me in a more helpful direction!

----------

Hello! Just a bit of info on me, I've been a Mac user since '93 and I have been using iTunes since the first version. I have a good understanding of what to do when problems arise, and don't I think my problem is something I can fix.

I recently had to get my hard drive replaced. My local Apple Store took care of it and Time Machine didn't encounter any problems as it was restoring my recent backup.

This morning when I opened iTunes, I noticed that none of the songs associated with a specific account were playing (we will refer to that account as star_map@gmail.com from now on - I gave iTunes the real account but I'm going to be a bit reserved here!).

I have 5 accounts that I've purchased music with since the iTMS opened that my computer is authorized to play. In hindsight, making multiple accounts in my teenage years was a bad idea, but what can you do.

I knew that account's password, so when Apple prompted me to authorize my computer to play that account's purchased content, I simply entered the password, and was told by iTunes that the account would have to be set up for the iTunes Store. I said sure, thinking that the way to authorize songs had changed since I was prompted to do it the last time, and went ahead updating my info and adding a credit card to the account. I went back to the music and tried to authorize the songs to play and then was told that my computer was already authorized to play the music from that account. According to the star_map@gmail.com account on iTunes, there are no purchased items at all under the account, even though there are a bunch of songs (53 to be exact!) sitting in my library that I bought under that account that I cannot play.

Basically, I can't play a bunch of my music because iTunes doesn't think its authorized to play it. Authorizing the account prompts a "Your computer is already authorized to play this account's music" message and the account's purchased history has no music in it. I've right-clicked on each song and under Summary in the Get Info window, the songs are listed as being puchased by "star_map@gmail.com"

I've viewed the "iTunes: Missing folder or incorrect permissions may prevent authorization" and "iTunes repeatedly prompts to authorize computer to play iTunes Store purchases" help articles and done what they have suggested with no results. (trashing SC folder and deauthorizing and re-authorizing)

I am running a MBP with the latest version of OSX and the latest version of iTunes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have about 4 other accounts authorized on my iTunes and all other accounts are working great.

Cheers!

-----

Thank you so much in advance!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Glossy), Mac OS X (10.7.3), I've been a Mac user since 1993.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 6:40 PM

There are no replies.

Authorization Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.