Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVDSP: How do I delay button overlays from appearing? It looks like a glytch.

DVDSP: I have a QT as the menu background with text that fades up later to become buttons. But the overlays for the buttons appear right away before the vid/buttons fade up. It looks like a glytch, so the first thing people see when they pop in our movie will be a "mistake". How do I get the overlays to apear later with the text?

DVD Studio Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), DVDSP 4.2.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 5:55 AM

I would make the part of your menu movie where the text fades up a seporate movie and put that file at the end of each track then once the text fades in have the track link to the menu with the overlay.

At the start of the dvd - you could make that begining before the overlay comes in your first play - which leads to your real menu with the overlay.....

Alternatively - you could make the the start of your menu its own dummy track and have the end of each real track go to it at the end of it's play. The dummy track would end with a link to the real menu with the overlay.

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2012 5:55 AM in response to Titanium_22

I would make the part of your menu movie where the text fades up a seporate movie and put that file at the end of each track then once the text fades in have the track link to the menu with the overlay.

At the start of the dvd - you could make that begining before the overlay comes in your first play - which leads to your real menu with the overlay.....

Alternatively - you could make the the start of your menu its own dummy track and have the end of each real track go to it at the end of it's play. The dummy track would end with a link to the real menu with the overlay.

Hope this helps.

DVDSP: How do I delay button overlays from appearing? It looks like a glytch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.