Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto journals can be posted on iCloud from iPad/iPhone, what about from Mac?

Can I post to iCloud without iOS? All of my iOS devices are too old...

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 10:59 PM

There are no such features in the current version of iPhoto for the Mac.

iPhoto menu -> Provide iPhoto Feedback for feature requests.

Regards

TD

6 replies

Mar 28, 2012 12:26 AM in response to ran4139

But you can use iClouds Photo Stream with iPhoto: enable Photo Stream and its settings in the iPhoto Preferences and up-/download photos to/from the iCloud. You can use that mechanism to share the photos between several Macs.

E.g. if have configured Photo Stream on my MacBook Air to upload all photos to Photo Stream and on my iMac it is configured to download all photos from Photo Stream. So all the photos that are added to my photo library on the MacBook Air are automatically available on the iMac as well.

However, be aware that Photo Stream shares on photo level, i.e. any aggregation information (events, albums, etc.) will be lost. I.E. if you put an album in the Photo Stream all images in this album will be shared but the information, that they are contained in an album will be lost.

Hope that might give you some ideas on how to use the Photo Stream according to your needs.

Mar 28, 2012 12:10 PM in response to ran4139

Thanks TD. I will request it. That was what I thought, but was really hoping I was just missing something.

I am assuming that Apple will add it, as no matter how great the iPad is, it is easier to organize things on your desktop.

And thanks gmatzde. I had to turn off Photostream before they added the ability to delete, as too many photos that I would want to throw out were taking up space, but now I guess I can turn it back on. Still, what I need is a way to show photos and videos to family and friends online, like MobileMe used to provide. So hopefully that will work with iCloud from my desktop in the future.

Aug 7, 2012 5:42 PM in response to Old Toad

Dear All,,,

Any help about Photo Journals ?

I can use Journals from iPhoto app in iPhone.

How can I use it from my Mac?

And the way of sharing my albums through Mobileme is really great comparing with Journals from the Link point of view. From mobileme, you can type www.me.com/username/gallery and you can get all albums, so the link it self is more easy that enough to pass it to friends with ease. With Photo Journals, the link is not like this, but its too hard, but you can not use it unless you send it from the app it self.

So, any help about this? I might miss something.

Regards,

Abdelaal,

iPhoto journals can be posted on iCloud from iPad/iPhone, what about from Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.