Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete purchased music from my iPhone

Hello everyone.

I recently bought an album from iTunes. I hate the music but I cant manage to delete the album.

1. If I delete it from iTunes it stays on my iPhone, then when I synch it comes back to iTunes.

2. If I uncheck all the songs from the album then set synch to "only synch checked songs", it still stays on my iPhone

3. If I check "backup to cloud" or "backup to computer" it doesn't make a difference!!!

Can anyone help, this is driving me crazy!

iPhone 3GS (8GB)

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 8:57 PM

On your iPhone, swipe your finger across the song listing and tap the red delete button.

Before you sync again, delete the album from iTunes on your computer.

3 replies

Sep 5, 2015 10:20 AM in response to Jim VanLeeuwen

I have this same problem, tried several things in iTunes on my phone and on my computer and I can not get this album off my phone. When I swipe left on these songs or this album it just plays that song. It does not give me the option to delete it. I bought this album from iTunes on my phone not my computer. I's not sure if that makes any difference.

Can't delete purchased music from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.