Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting TV shows

Hi everyone.

I just got a new Apple TV (3rd generation, March 2012) and I'm using home sharing to stream the content from iTunes (10.6.x) on my iMac (10.7.3) using Home Sharing (which I've set up fine).

My issue is with sorting TV shows. My old Apple TV (a 1st generation one) used to sort by the 'Sort Show' field, which is how they're sorted in iTunes, too.

On the new Apple TV, I go into Computers, my library, and TV Shows. When viewing shows on the tab 'By Show', they appear to be randomly sorted.

Anyone have any suggestions?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 8:49 PM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2012 7:18 PM in response to colin_thornby

Do you have any better luck with that if you update to iTunes 10.6.1.7?

From the notes for the release:

iTunes 10.6.1 provides a number of improvements, including:

• Fixes several issues that may cause iTunes to unexpectedly quit while playing videos, changing artwork size in Grid view and syncing photos to devices.

• Addresses an issue where some iTunes interface elements are incorrectly described by VoiceOver and WindowEyes.

• Fixes a problem where iTunes may become unresponsive while syncing iPod nano or iPod shuffle.

• Resolves an ordering problem while browsing TV episodes in your iTunes library on Apple TV.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Sorting TV shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.