Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

force Outlook 2011 to use iCal default calendar to synchronize with google

Here is a problem.

My default calendar program is Outlook 2011.

I have an iCal synchronizing with my google calendar and outlook to sync with iCal via Sync Services - so in theory my outlook calendar should be synchronized with Google.

I setup in iCal's preferences my google calendar as default (because iCal synchronizing only Google calendar not the other calendars on my mac) so at this stage, if I use iCal to add new remainder/appointment it is store by iCal in default calendar (which I setup to be my google calendar) and is synchronizing with goggle calendar right away.

Synchronizing between iCal and google works fine, however there is a problem with outlook sync with iCal, because Outlook synchronizing all items in iCal with “no category” calendar (which seems to be default and although I have changed in preferences of iCal default calendar to be the google one). Even if I delete all “on my mac” calendars - outlook creates always new one called “no category”, when I try to add new appointment with Outlook.

So there is question, how to force Outlook (or maybe syncservice) to use my google calendar in iCal as default. I think once it be possible, synchronizing between Outlook and my google calendar (via Sync Services and iCal) works great.

Anyone knows how to manage it?

My system:

Outlook is 14.1.4 version

MacOs X Lion 10.7.3

iCal 5.0.2

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Office 2011 14.1.4

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 5:51 AM

2 replies

force Outlook 2011 to use iCal default calendar to synchronize with google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.