Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stand/speaker/charger

Right, I hope this is not a stupid question but with battery charging always a hot subject, I thought I would ask

I have just bought a new speaker/stand for my new iPad. It continually charges the whole time it's plug in, this I suppose will mean the battery will always be 100% charged unless I take it out and it comes off charge. Will having a battery fully charged most of the time harm it? Do I need to take it off the stand regardless to let the battery discharge?

My common sense tells me that the stand makers would not make a product that would harm the battery (hopefully) but I thought having a battery on permenant charge was bad. I always take my lap top battery out when I'm using my lap top on power.

Any views on this would be very helpfull

iOS 5.1, New iPad 3rd gen

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 6:06 AM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2012 6:14 AM in response to GaZOiD

I don't think there will be any problem leaving the iPad charging all the time. I've been doing this with ALL my Apple products for over a decade, including Mac laptops, iPads and iPhones. Never had a problem.

The circuitry in the iPad will prevent overcharging.

Is the product you've described "Made for iPad"? (i.e., has Apple approved it?).

iPad stand/speaker/charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.