Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud ruined my life

I'm sure it was user error somewhere down the line, but i have a terrible situation and i just dont know how to rectify it.

I have an Iphone 4 and a recently acquired ipad2. I sync these with my pc via itunes using usb. everything has been great until i decided to try and use icloud so that i could sync my calendar between all threee devices.

the main problem i am facing is with my outlook 2010 which i use for businesds use . basically i ended up with lots of duplicated items. i have over 2000 contacts in there and it also doubled up on the tasks for each contact. i deleted icloud from each of my devices as i just didnt get a very good feeling from it at all.

Then my outlook ended up with duplicated tasks. It was really messy so i though i know i'll sync with my iphone so it bbrings it back to normal.

Now my outlook is much tidier but each contact is missing hte telephone number.

Here is the problem :

Outlook database is now missing recent activity like notes and tasks as well as phone numbers

Iphone database is same as outlook i.e. missing pohone numbers

ipad has phone numbers

How can i sync all 3 so they arecomplete records as they were before i used icolud. i dont have a backup of my pc

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 7:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 28, 2012 8:00 AM in response to stevie1976

further to my comments above i just noticed that the ipad now does not have any of the phone numbers for each contact.

However i just logged into icloud using www.icloud.com and in there it shows all my contacts exactly as they should be. all the notes are up to date, and ech contact has phone numbers

i must be able to get this info from icoloud onto my ipad, iphone and pc (Outlook) without it all going wrong again. i am scared to try and download icloud in case it buggers up what is stored there as this seems the last place where everything is still correct

May 22, 2012 7:58 AM in response to stevie1976

To be honest dude, I'd give up on it. Three times over, iCloud has shagged my machine.

Initially it buggered up my address book, which resulted in missing data and two days of h*ll trying to put it right. I gave up then but thought I would try again a few months down the line. Same thing happened, grrrrr! I swore I would never use it again and moved on.

I tried again, stooooopidly, the other night, to see if things had improved. At first everything "just worked" but within 24 hours, my calender was buggered, locked in on Birthdays, and no way of getting back my inital calender. Furthermore, even when I discontinued the iCloud service, it was syncing back and forth.

My advice; ditch it if you haven't already, it really is a bag of sh*te!

Stick to good ole iTunes and a USB sync. Safer, quicker and overall less hassle.

Best of luck.

Message was edited by: RáNdÓm GéÉzÁ / Typo's

icloud ruined my life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.