Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to see the different between iPad3 and iPad2?

What is the part number of new iPad3? I bought this today but i am in rushing time. now I am not sure it is iPad2 or iPad3. Their packaging is the same, the apple.com cannot find the part number of iPad3, the camera do not show how many pixels it has. I just can get a hint because the packaging stated it support bluetooth4.0 but iPad2 only support bluetooth2.1.

Apple marketing should be more smart to clarify and let their customer know clearly. may be i am not clever enough but there are so many customer like me in the world!

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 6:45 AM

10 replies

Mar 28, 2012 6:59 AM in response to inkcanon.com

Exactly... the dumbiest idea I've ever seen was not to differentiate both iPads. How I have to explain you or my mother-in-law which one to pick from the shelf or on ebay or smth? I'll tell you... iPad 3 has:

- bolder package 🙂

- little bigger camera eye 🙂

- crispier display 🙂

- it's faster 🙂

- it's new 🙂

but you still can't say if it is iPad 3 handling only 1 package/piece 🙂

Mar 28, 2012 7:03 AM in response to inkcanon.com

Ok, I found this on the Internet, so it must be right......

iPad 3 – Black

MC705ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi only 16GB - Black

MC706ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi only 32GB - Black

MC707ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi only 64GB - Black

MD366ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi + 4G 16GB - Black

MD367ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi + 4G 32GB - Black

MD368ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi + 4G 64GB - Black

iPad 3 – White

MD328ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi only 16GB - White

MD329ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi only 32GB - White

MD330ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi only 64GB - White

MD369ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi + 4G 16GB - White

MD370ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi + 4G 32GB - White

MD371ZP/A - iPad 3 Wi-Fi + 4G 64GB - White

So according to this, you have a white 64 gig wifi pad 3.

Aug 30, 2013 3:49 AM in response to hany 153

What do you want to know about it ? That model is a black 16 gig 3rd gen wifi+cellular iPad.

You can type in the iPad's serial number (Settings > General > About > Serial Number, and on the back of the iPad) in on this page to confirm the above (the page appears to be down at the moment) : https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

There is also some info about the different iPads on this page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices#iPad

How to see the different between iPad3 and iPad2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.