Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank screen when installing Windows 7 with Boot Camp - Mac Mini 2011

I'm new to the Mac scene, having barely any knowledge on the OS.

I've been trying to install Windows 7 via Boot Camp on my new Mac Mini (Latest offering from Apple).

I have an External DVD Drive which I have been using, connected via two USB's to the back of the Mac Mini itself. It's fully functioning, with the Mac recognizing the Drive. I've used it for some CD's and DVD's so far.

I have a full, licensed copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, bought from the Microsoft Store on a DVD. There's both a 64bit and 32bit DVD, of which I have tried both to install Windows 7.

I've been through the Boot Camp Assistant software, un ticking both the "Create a Windows 7 install disk" and "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple" because I already have the Windows 7 install disk. I've had troubles downloading the Windows support software from Apple, as it just stops about 1/4 of the download for no apparent reason.

So once I've made the partition, I insert the Windows 7 DVD into the External Disk Drive, and it reboots. At first it looks like the Disk Drive is working, as you can hear the Disk movement and a blue light on the front of the Disk Drive... But then the screen goes blank, and the Disk stops spinning (from what I can tell). Nothing else happens from then on.

Is there any reason as to why this is happening?

Thanks, Dominic

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Mac Mini 2.3Ghz Dual Core i5

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 8:03 AM

4 replies

Blank screen when installing Windows 7 with Boot Camp - Mac Mini 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.