Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find mac address with 10.7.2 on macbook air

my dorm doesnt have wifi we r required to sumit our mac address in order to connect to use internet with internet cable
i have an air with 10.7.2 and bought a ethernet adapter still can find my mac address.........plz help me

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 9:26 AM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2012 9:39 AM in response to luissslee.tumblr.com

Use the System Information. To get to this, go to the Apple menu, select About this Mac, and click the System Report button.

In the left column go to Network and select Wifi. Under interfaces select en1 and look for the MAC address.

Alternatively you can use System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced button > Hardware tab > MAC address.

Best of luck.

Mar 29, 2012 12:11 PM in response to luissslee.tumblr.com

If the MAC address is not showing up in the network preference pane when the USB/Ethernet adapter is plugged in and connected, try looking at the adapter itself, or the packagibg it came in. Most ethernet adapters have their MAC address (sometimes referred to as Hardware Address) printed somewhere on the item or package labelling.

You might also look in the Info tab of Network Utility (in Applications>Utilities) and select USB for the interface, and see if the hardware address is given there. Again, the adapter has to be plugged in and conncted.

how to find mac address with 10.7.2 on macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.