Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks Author (not responding)

In Activity Monitor I see why my IBA is so slow; it is listed as "not responding" in red type. I don't know what causes this, but it spends more time NOT responding than working. Any clues?

Thanks

iMac 27" i7-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 8:40 AM

8 replies

Mar 28, 2012 8:50 AM in response to K T

I have a max of two books open at a time- many times just one.

247GB available out of 500GB

12GB

Spotlight not indexing

Disk Utility (Disk Warrior, Drive Genius) all contribute to keeping the drive healthy.

I even installed a fresh partition on my internal and installed just 10.7.3, Premiere Pro, Pages, Photoshop, IBA.

Mar 28, 2012 9:29 AM in response to K T

Opened a smaller book and made changes, duplicated the file, with no problems. The issue is with my book apparently, but the problems exist even in the smaller video-less book. What to look for? Should I try rebuilding with a fresh slate- using drag-n-drop? Please tell me I don't have to totally reconstruct the book from scratch.

Thanks

Mar 30, 2012 12:14 PM in response to dmingo

The problem is with the auto-versioning feature of Mac OS X Lion, iBooks Author, and the size of your large file (1.4 gb). Close that file and I suspect your perfomance problems will go away.

Rebuilding won't help.

My suggestion is to leave the video placeholders, remove the videos for now, complete the books, then add the videos back in right before publication.

cs

iBooks Author Guide

iBooks Author (not responding)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.