Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Office Word for iPad 2

Hi, my son wants that I may go to buy an iPad 2 in my birthday, but, i're studyiing on a bit of tests, and I may must know if the "Microsoft Office 2011 Essentials Beta 2.0 for iPad 2" software acessment package is located on the "App Store". Thanks.

Sig.: Aline.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, Working

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 8:15 AM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2012 8:37 AM in response to FourNikki123

Microsoft Office is not yet available for the iPad. Whether it ever will be Microsoft has not yet announced. There are, however, a number of apps that are compatible with Office documents. Apple makes iOS versions of their own iWork apps (Pages, Keynote, Numbers) that can be purchased separately. There are also 3rd party combined suites that cost less than the separate Apple apps. Ones often recommended include Documents 2 Go, Quickoffice and Office2 HD.

Regards.

Mar 28, 2012 10:13 AM in response to gyrhead

While that might work in some cases, it's basically a remote-control scenario and requires an Internet connection to work with the service, and to have the documents on Online's servers, though they can be transferred to and from the iPad. Online is also in a major dispute with Microsoft over licensing so the future of the service is cloudy. But it might be an option for FourNikki.

Regards.

Microsoft Office Word for iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.