Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No scroll up/down arrows in Mail

Where are the up/down scroll arrows in Mail? This Lion transition is turning into a nightmare of inconvenientes! Who removes up/down scroll arrows?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1, iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, iCloud

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 9:49 AM

They're optional. If you have a trackpad/magic mouse/etc. then you can scroll using gestures and the scroll bars appear automatically.

If you want them there all the time, System Preferences -> General -> Show Scroll Bars -> Always

5 replies

Mar 28, 2012 10:10 AM in response to Király

Thanks for the link to complain... eeer, provide feedback!

I just can't imaginge the logic in completely removing scroll arrows they are part of a the window. I am so angry. Lion is a total bait/switch disappointment.

•Can't scroll with precision

•Can't spotlight in Mail

•Can't open ANY MS Office files (need to upgrade)

• ...I am sure there will be more surprises

When is Mountain Lion releases? ...it better be FREEEEEE!

Dec 13, 2012 6:28 AM in response to zanyface

This didn't bug me too much initially since I used the scroll feature of the magic mouse.

But I have since stopped using the magic mouse because it eats batteries and I am tired of buying new ones and disposing of old ones.

Without the magic mouse and the scroll arrows, scrolling in large documents is impossible. 😟

I wish they would bring back the scroll arrows.

No scroll up/down arrows in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.