Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine would create a NEW backup

Hello,

sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native speaker.

I'm useing Mac OSX 10.7.3

Since a few days, I've some trouble with Time Machine. When TM would create a new backup in the normal hourly loop it creates the following message:

Time machine has completed the review of its backups. To improve the reliability time machine must create a new backup. (i hope it's the correct translation in englich)

Now I've to options:

1. I can create a new backup later

2. create a new backup

Does anyone knows what is wrong? I don't want to create a new backup, I want to use the old one.

I still have enough space on my backup volume. I'm using the Airport Extreme and a WD hard drive.

Thank you for your assist.

David

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Time Machine

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 10:11 AM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2012 10:48 AM in response to DaviSted

Unfortunately, the issue is that the wireless connection isn't fast enough. The error is saying that basically its going to take too long to do the work.

Not sure how apple makes the time capsule faster,but apparently it works.

Apple suggested configuration is either by a direct USB or FireWire connection, or use a time capsule.

Linc is correct in his last post. You can actually plug in your USB drive at random intervals and time machine will see it and do its thing. This will probably work better in the long run, even though you haven't had any issues up until now.

Time Machine would create a NEW backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.