Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hard drive test 10.5.8 macbook 2008 white

My hard drive test isn't working. First my FEW keys stop working but not "d", and afterwards i can't open hard drive test either from mac and disk.

pressing key d while startup doesn't help.

This particular problem starts after my sister close the lid when hard drive test is running, thinking that it will resume. I erase and install 3 times but nothing.

help me.

macbook4,1, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 10:03 AM

10 replies

Mar 30, 2012 5:10 AM in response to nvnv0

Have you tried inserting the original OS X DVD that says 'AHT Version x.x' in small print on the label into your system, and rebooting holding the alt/option key down? RIght after you start the reboot, push the alt/option key and hold it. That should allow you to choose the Apple Hardware Test.

Mar 31, 2012 12:04 PM in response to BGreg

I have both gray faced one main and another with xcode.

My alt option key works but i have also noticed option+command+p+r is also not working while startup.

The only key is option that works, this particular happens when my sis close the lid while AHT(version

3A152) is running.

Though it was successfully completed.

Is there any way to restore AHT?

I have tried to install it from mac disc, it always shows in installer that it is writing AHT while installing "bundled software".

But nothing.

hard drive test 10.5.8 macbook 2008 white

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.