Currently Being ModeratedMar 28, 2012 6:54 PM (in response to TH.E)
As I said above in my post
1. Spotlight in general will skip that when I DO want to search those, thus the SavedSearch in the Smart Folder becomes useless when I change the Spotlight Preference back to a normal full search
2. the Spotlight preference list doesn't really find the root folders at the top of the tree of locations I want to exclude, so Mac is still picking up unwanted thousands"
changing Spotlight preferences is useless
Currently Being ModeratedOct 25, 2012 7:30 AM (in response to TH.E)
Figured this out.
1. Open up finder.
2. Browse to the folder you want to search
3. type something, anything.
4. Below you should see a bar that says: Search: This Mac "current folder" Shared | Contents File Name
where current folder is whatever folder you are in.
5. There should be a save button and a + on that line as well.
6. press plus and start building your criteria (I did created Today)
7. delete whatever you typed in step 3 - tada, no more emails, js files, xml, weird things named x12_afdfadsfdareadf or anything. Just your criteria for that folder
8. Click Save, add to sidebar
I remember when you could do and or on a mac. But I don't see it anymore. Hope this helps