Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow to sleep: pmset -g log question

Hi all,

My computer recently started taking about 30+ seconds to sleep. I have cleared the printer queue, checked CPU % in activity monitor, etc. Nothing seems to jump out. I ran pmset -g log in terminal and got this as the application that timed out:

* Domain: applicationresponse.timedout

- Message: Kernel PCShowServerPMWr com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.timedout 30000 ms

- Time: 3/28/12 1:41:31 PM PDT

- Signature: PCShowServerPMWr

- UUID: 20CE1626-7FA4-40E3-A85A-CF0156A5B2F5

- Result: Noop

- Response time (ms): 30000

What is PCShowServerPMWR?? I've deleted it in activity monitor and it just pops right back up...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 4:08 PM

In case anyone else has this issue, I figured it out:

It was caused by some file in my Library called NDSPShowserver. Deleted the folder and everything went back to normal. Think it may somehow be linked to Spotify...Anyway, hope this helps someone else.

5 replies

Jun 20, 2012 11:18 PM in response to LA2Melbourne

Hi LA2Melbourne

thanks for this tip. We had a VERY SLOW initiation of sleep mode. did the pmset -g log and came across the same "PCShowServerPMWr" timing out at 30000ms...

I did a web search on both "PCShowServerPMWr" and "NDSPShowserver", and apparently it is related to DirecTV2PC application people have been installing trying to watch DirecTV shows on the Mac.

deleting the offending ~/Library/NDSPShowserver folder did fix our slow sleep mode. Now it only takes a split second to go to sleep mode instead of hanging for like, 30 seconds. I don't know what "Spotify" is, but thought I'd mention the link between the NDSPShowserver and DirecTV for other people who may come across this problem.

so.. thanks! saved me a pain of having to do a clean install of the OS to fix this.

Slow to sleep: pmset -g log question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.