5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2012 3:00 PM by léonie
BarbaraS Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am exporting my slide show and it is taking a very long time. Right now it's almost two hours. I have 172 photos, time of slide show is 16 minutes. Exporting in HD. I have stoppped the importing, closed Aperture and started it again to export. Same problem with the time. Can anyone help?

Barbara

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)
  • 1. Re: Slide Show
    léonie Level 9 Level 9 (51,665 points)

Barbara,

rendering a slideshow takes a long time. Usually I had to wait  for several hours for the slideshow (approx. 200 images) to render.  This will depend on the theme you use. Slideshows with plenty of animation (mobile, ken burns, places) need much longer to render than basic themes.

Best let it run over night and turn on the "Activity" Viewer to see, if any progress is made.

Regards

Léonie

• 2. Re: Slide Show

How do I turn on the 'Activity Viewer'? I think I will let it render over night. Thanks sooo much for all your help in assisting me in my first slide show.

Barbara

• 3. Re: Slide Show

You are welcome, Barbara;

You turn the Activity Viewer on from the Aperture menu:

Window -> Show Activity

Léonie

• 4. Re: Slide Show

It is only at 8%

• 5. Re: Slide Show

watch how long it will take to get to 9% - this will give you an idea how long it may take.

Avoid running other applications at the same time that will use a lot of RAM, i.e. Safari or other web browsers, GarageBand, iWeb, ..