Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where do i find Universal Binary Component compatible with Intel-based Macintosh that allows quicktime to show video?

where do i find the link to the Universal Binary Component compatible with Intel-based Macintosh that allows quicktime to show video?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 3:16 PM

2 replies

Aug 19, 2012 10:12 PM in response to donroxon

I think your question is too vague to get an answer.

You're asking for a 'Universal Binary component' for your 'Intel-based Macintosh'. Why universal binary?
universal binaries are designed to work on both PowerPC and Intel machines. If you're using an Intel machine why do you need PowerPC support?

Also, you want something that 'allows QuickTime to show video'. Well, not to be glib, but QuickTIme does video - that's it's raison d'etre. Therefore I think your question is more about how to get QuickTime to show a specific (non-standard?) video format. Without knowing what that format is, it's impossible to answer your question directly.

That said, maybe the place to start is Apple's QuickTime Components index.

where do i find Universal Binary Component compatible with Intel-based Macintosh that allows quicktime to show video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.