Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reselect files during accidental deselect

Is there a tweak or a way to reselect files you have selected?

Sometimes when I select multiple files, i accidentally deselect and my selection is no longer selected. depending on how many files i have selected, it will take me some time again to reselect the files. anyone have any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 3:06 PM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2012 3:25 PM in response to Babyboi

you can try a 4 finger swipe to show what files are open on your desktop then select the file you want to work on, you can command M and minmize the files you are not working on, and they will go down to the dock where you click what you want, you can use spaces.

Check out the Apple site for ideas on which will work best for the way you use your MBP

Mar 28, 2012 5:03 PM in response to Babyboi

Babyboi wrote:

Is there a tweak or a way to reselect files you have selected?

Not to my knowledge. Perhaps look into Finder alternatives (eg, PathFinder).

anyone have any ideas?

Use different selection methods. Eg, Select All, then de-select the files you want to exclude. Or switch to icon view, use marquee to select, de-select items to exclude or select additional items, then switch to Column view, and so on.

reselect files during accidental deselect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.