Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Get Album Artwork" searches entire library every time

Aloha all,

I run a college internet-only radio station. The system we use works from the iTunes library. Each week, I download music from several music distributors, an average of 20 albums per week. Some of these downloads do not come with album artwork attached. Of those, some have artwork available through the iTunes store.

The catch is that each time I tell iTunes to get album artwork, it starts at the top of its list and works through the (as of today) 1,817 albums. It meticulously checks albums for which it already has artwork as well as albums for which it has already failed to find artwork on previous occassions. This process takes about 45 minutes. I've searched the options, but haven't found a "Check for album artwork only on recent additions" option.

Anyone have a way to make iTunes behave in a more sensible manner?

Mahalo,

Tom G

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 5:12 PM

Select the tracks you want to fetch artwork for, right/option/cmd/whatever-click on the selection and Get Album Artwork.

tt2

2 replies

"Get Album Artwork" searches entire library every time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.