Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my brother printer to scan items to my macbook pro?

I am able to print items with wifi but for some reason the scanning function is not being recognized on my laptop.

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 5:58 PM

Open Preview, go to File>Import From Scanner, select Include Network Devices, go back to File>Import From Scanner, your Brother scanner should be listed, select it, Image Capture will open and you can scan.

14 replies

May 3, 2017 6:54 PM in response to dafene

Oh brother,

I have had the same problem, but my solution was to update the firmware on the printer. The firmware updating device can be found on the downloads page for each device.

After trying to reinstall drivers, toy with IP addresses, and all these other things, it seems that fixing my outdated firmware was the way to go.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Mar 28, 2012 7:02 PM in response to Csound1

I tried. It says No image capture device connected. It is so frustrating. And I have turned the printer fax scanner on/off and it still does not recognize the scanning function. I do not have an external phone line so I never use the fax function. Switching to a Mac has been a very DIFFICULT thing. I keep hoping it will get easier, but it does not.

How do I get my brother printer to scan items to my macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.