10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2012 7:18 PM by dafene
dafene Level 1 (0 points)

I am able to print items with wifi but for some reason the scanning function is not being recognized on my laptop.

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • Csound1 Level 8 (46,965 points)

Open Preview, go to File>Import From Scanner, select Include Network Devices, go back to File>Import From Scanner, your Brother scanner should be listed, select it, Image Capture will open and you can scan.

• dafene Level 1 (0 points)

Import from Scanner is not an option. Import Image is the only option, but not really an option because  that  does not exist.  Any other ideas?  Thanks for trying to help! I appreciate it. This has been frustrating me for a long time, and I just found out about this support option.  Thanks again!!

Open Image Capture (Applications>Image Capture) try from there.

I tried. It says No image capture device connected.  It is so frustrating.  And I have turned the printer fax scanner on/off and it still does not recognize the scanning function. I do not have an external phone line so I never use the fax function. Switching to a Mac has been a very DIFFICULT thing. I keep hoping it will get easier, but it does not.

Your scanner is not installed correctly it seems, go to Apple>System Preference>Print and Scan, tell me if your Brother appears in there under scanners (below the printer entry)

It appears as print/fax.

Then the scanner component is not installed, I would remove all Brother software and remove the device (if it is the only device in Print and Scan I would reset the printing system) then reinstall it exactly per the book.

Thanks I will try that!  Is it easy to remove the software? I really appreciate your help!

I would consult the scanner documentation for the recomended method of removing the software, removing the device from Print and Scan simply requires that you select it and click the minus sign

And thanks for the star

You're welcome! Your help is very much appreciated! Have a great nite!