Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a shutoff timer on a new ipad

is there a setting or an app that will shut down my new ipad after a time of my choosing to save on the battery if I fall asleep listening to something?

iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 7:31 PM

Sort of. It won't shut it down completely, but it will put your iPad in slumber, which uses very minimal battery power. Go to Settings and on the right side of the main settings screen you'll Auto-Lock. Touch it and you can set your iPad to Auto-Lock from 2, 5 10, 15 or Never. Choose the time that best suits your needs.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2012 7:31 PM in response to lordude

Sort of. It won't shut it down completely, but it will put your iPad in slumber, which uses very minimal battery power. Go to Settings and on the right side of the main settings screen you'll Auto-Lock. Touch it and you can set your iPad to Auto-Lock from 2, 5 10, 15 or Never. Choose the time that best suits your needs.

Mar 29, 2012 7:34 PM in response to lordude

Biggest power draw is the screen, that's why there is the setting to have the screen go to sleep after a certain period of inactivity.

Unless you plan on going into a coma, I wouldn't worry about power loss during music playback.

A fully charged iPad playing audio files back with the screen off should last at least 48 hours(I am making a Guess).

Considering it will act as a wifi hotspot for 25 hours with the screen off, I think 48 hours is a little on the low side.

is there a shutoff timer on a new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.