Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud - iCal sync problems

I have all my events in iCal on my Mac.

Problem 1

On my iPad and on my iPhone I get only parts of the content in my iCal on my Mac

Problem 2

My iCloud calendar starts from February 28th, 2012, before that date it's totally blank.

- All my previous events in iCal on my Mac are not shown in the iCloud calendar.

- If I put in an event before that date on my iPad, the event sync to iCal on my Mac, but disaper after a few seconds from my iCal for iPad and does not sync to my iPhone. It can seam that iCloud is doesn't allow me to put in older events in it's calendar

- Only parts of my calendars events are shown in the iCloud calendar and then also only parts of the events are show on my iPad and iPhone.

The most accurate calendar I have a the moment is iCal on my Mac.

Is there some way to overwrite the existing iCloud calendar with the content from me iCal on my Mac, so they are sycronized?

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Core 2 Duo), iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 1:29 AM

Welcome to the Apple community.

Go to settings > mail, contacts, calendars on your phone, scroll down to the calendar section and check the entry in the sync option. If it is set to one month back change it to all events.

As for changing your calendars from 'on my Mac' to your iCloud account:

• Create a new empty calendar from the iCal file menu, select which account you want to create it in.
  • To copy a calendar ctrl-click on it from the menu that appears when you select the calendar button (top left corner of iCal) and choose export (export it to your desktop for ease)
  • Double click the exported file and choose the new empty calendar to import them into.
  • Ctrl-click on the original calendar from the menu that appears when you select the calendar button and choose delete.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2012 1:29 AM in response to Tom Mehlum

Welcome to the Apple community.

Go to settings > mail, contacts, calendars on your phone, scroll down to the calendar section and check the entry in the sync option. If it is set to one month back change it to all events.

As for changing your calendars from 'on my Mac' to your iCloud account:

• Create a new empty calendar from the iCal file menu, select which account you want to create it in.
  • To copy a calendar ctrl-click on it from the menu that appears when you select the calendar button (top left corner of iCal) and choose export (export it to your desktop for ease)
  • Double click the exported file and choose the new empty calendar to import them into.
  • Ctrl-click on the original calendar from the menu that appears when you select the calendar button and choose delete.

Mar 29, 2012 1:42 AM in response to Tom Mehlum

Can it be my calendar setup that causes these issues?

User uploaded file

I used to have the iCould calendar setup on my Mac. I see that has changed to only Calendar and Lill.

"Lill" on my Mac and "Kalender" under Shared is supposed to be the same one. But I guess "Lill" isn't needed to show her events as I get that automatic from the Shared "Kalender".

Should I drop using the calendars on my Mac? Is the iCloud calenders whats needed to have a complete syncronized calendar on all my devices (Mac, iPad, iPhones)?

The only major questions I then still have is that my iCal on my Mac both have older and more events than my iCloud calendar have.

iCloud - iCal sync problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.