Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fixed iphone glass screen, resulted in white screen after assembling it back together?

i've had a cracked screen on my iphone 3Gs for a fairly long time now and i decided to replace it. It's been working perfectly with the cracked screen and after i had replaced the glass screen and assembling it back all together, i have a white screen on the front, doesn't seem to go away and i've searched online for all types of solutions such as holding down the home and power button for 10secs etc but none seem to work, i came to an conclusion thinking its hardware? can anyone help me please, would be much appreciated. thanks

note: i intend to take it to the apple store as my last option

Kind Regards

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 1:15 AM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2012 1:58 AM in response to DEScn

"note: i intend to take it to the apple store as my last option"

That should have been the first thnig that you should have done. If you had done so, Apple could have done an out-of-warranty exchange for you. Now that you've tried to fix it, and failed, Apple won't extend the exchange to you. I think that you might be able to sell your iPhone "as is" to a techno-tweek, or you can use it as a door stop.

Mar 30, 2012 5:01 AM in response to KiltedTim

Buy a Digitizer from ebay. will cost you around $20. Since you know how to fix the glass. all you gotta do is unscrew the digitizer from the glass screen and put the new one in. I think when you were changing the glass screen, you accidently pressed the digitzer since the digitizers are very sensitive. you probably broke it. Try that and it might save you some serious money. its worth trying since your only other option is to buy a new iphone. good luck

fixed iphone glass screen, resulted in white screen after assembling it back together?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.