Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free mp3 for my iPad

Hi! Can anyone please tell me from where could I get free music for my iPad? I mean FREE! Without any extra cost. Can you suggest me maybe a site from where could I download some mp3?

I tried to find some sites like this, but nothing. It doesn't work on iPad.

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 3:31 AM

9 replies

Mar 29, 2012 9:08 AM in response to AndreeaLuminita

Not to muddy the issue, but there are many sites that have free and legal mp3 downloads available. Indy bands, for example, often post their songs. There are sound effects site and lots of choices.

Probably not what you had in mind when looking for free music, but they do exist. And you can download and play them, but you need an alternate browser. Safari will download and play, but won't let you save it. Some of the alternate browsers will let you download and save it to, for example, Dropbox.

But there is no easy way to get that music into your music library.

The whole process is much easier on a computer, then pull the file into your I tunes library, then sync it down to the pad. Just make sure you are getting a truly free file, and not stealing.

As a side comment, from time to time you see reports of 'free' downloads, music or video, packaged with little surprises buried inside. You don't want any of those either, although they won't hurt the pad, but can mess up your computer.

Mar 29, 2012 9:29 AM in response to AndreeaLuminita

This is not true downloading but the Pandora app is very worthwhile. The app is free but, if you wish, you can pay for premium service. The free service has occasional advertisements but they're really not significant. Also, the free service has a maximum number of hours/day that you can listen. I don't remember what the max is because I've never reached it. You don't choose specific songs but you do determine the kind of music that you will hear.

Mar 29, 2012 10:46 AM in response to AndreeaLuminita

In addition to Indy bands, as PJ pointed out, there are a number of pieces of music in the public domain, or licensed for use under Creative Commons. This probably won't help you get what you want, but some to check out for this are (list copied from a website I maintain)

PublicDomain4U: A mix of classic old songs in the public domain and free songs posted with the artist's permission.

Musopen: Classical and vocal music.

Jamendo: Free music posted for downloading by the artists. More modern stuff...

Purple Planet: Music organized by "mood" ... from 'dramatic' to 'sadness'. You can use it any way you want as long as you don't sell it ... but make sure to give this website credit for the song!

Incompetech: You can browse by genre (blues, rock, polka, etc.), search by feel (action, mysterious, calming, etc.) and even search for keywords.

Free mp3 for my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.