Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to pack an imac for shipping

hello

my question is how do I pack an imac for shipping? what precautins should I take?

thanks nadine1104

iMac

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 4:20 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2012 4:27 AM in response to nadine1104

Ideally, you should pack it in it's original box so that each corner is evenly supported throughout the journey.

If the original box is unavailable, I'd securely wrap the main unit in loads of bubble wrap (I mean loads!) before encasing the unit in a good sized box surrounded by either polystyrene snow flakes (messy) or some huge air bag type bubble wrap (I can't remember the brand name, it might be Air Pockets?). Try to ensure as little movement of the iMac as possible when packing it.

You could contact Apple and ask it they have a suitable container for shipping. It might carry a charge but whatever costs is better than a damaged iMac.

Hope this helps.

Mar 29, 2012 5:13 AM in response to nadine1104

If you have the original box, great. Even if you do, I'd strongly recommend that you do one of two things:

1. Call a nearby Apple Store and see if they can re-pack the computer so that it can be shipped safely. If they can't then,

2. Bring it to a "pack and ship" store and have them do it.

In either event, when you do the shipping, be sure to insure the computer for what you'd have to pay to replace it. And, ship it by a method that gives you a tracking number so that you can follow it's progress to the destination.

Personally, I would not try to package the computer myself. I'd leave it to the "experts".

how to pack an imac for shipping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.