Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Urgent-Broadcast safe question

Hello everybody,

For the first time i have a project for french TV.

I don't know how i have to configure the broadcast safe. The production gave me the standard broadcast but i don't know what i have to do in Color.

The broadcast safe's parameter in color are : Celling IRE, Floor IRE, Amplitude, Phase, Offset, Chroma Limit and Composite Limit.

But i received none of thoses informations. They gave me ununderstanding parameters such as :

Coordonnées de chromaticité (CIE, 1931) Couleur primaire

– – –

Rouge (R) Vert (G) Bleu (B)

x 0,640 0,300 0,150

y 0,330 0,600 0,06

sorry for my english. I'm french. Does someone can help me to configure my broadcast safe ???help

Thx

Color, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 6:49 AM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2012 10:14 AM in response to Acrobaz007

This is not something you can really explain on a forum post. I mean, there is a whole profession out there that's sole job is online and making shows meet broadcast specs. This is something that was taught to me over the course of a week...with another week of them looking over my shoulder.

Hire someone to online and ensure it falls within broadcast specs. Then find a place that will train you, if you want to know how to do this. It isn't as simple as dropping in plugins or sliding a few sliders. Just understanding what the specs are takes a bit of time.

Urgent-Broadcast safe question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.