Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why, while using MS Word on my Mac, am I getting the following message: "The disk is full trying to write to 'McIntosh HD.' Free some space on this drive, or save the document to another disk"?

I don't understand how this is happening or how to fix it, since Finder tells me that I have 231 G of free space. Please help me!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6), Version? no current access to find

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 10:45 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2012 12:33 PM in response to kathrynfromsalt lake city

Kathryn,

Is MS Word the only app that is causing this issue, if so then it's probably a problem with Word. If I'm correct about it only occuring with Word then please re-post to:

http://www.officeformac.com/productforums/

When you do please let them know the version of Office installed on your computer, it will be either Office 2004, 2008 or 2011!

Why, while using MS Word on my Mac, am I getting the following message: "The disk is full trying to write to 'McIntosh HD.' Free some space on this drive, or save the document to another disk"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.