Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD and iTunesU Compression

So I have been trying to capture HD video (720p) and export it to be under the 1 gig file size that iTunesU requires. Most of these videos are 1 to 2 hours but always seem to go over the 1 gig limit. I have exported using Compressor and Final Cut Pro X and the filesize is just too large.

Anyone have the settings for exporting HD (720p or 1080p) for iTunes U that will keep a 1 to 2 hour video under 1 gig? Or am I just going to have to split them up?

Thanks

M. Acker

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 11:50 AM

In compressor, you can go to apple: formats: quicktime: h264 and duplicate and customize. I haven't done any stuff for itunes, but I imagine you want to make sure the pixel aspect ratio is square (with the appropriate frame dimensions) and adjust the quality slider til you find the sweet spot. I'd mark an in and out in the preview window and mark a section of about a minute long so you can extrapolate what the file size will be for your total duration.

One thing, if you are adjusting your pixel aspect ratio, you probably want to set the resize filter to best in the frame controls panel.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2012 11:50 AM in response to Timman99

In compressor, you can go to apple: formats: quicktime: h264 and duplicate and customize. I haven't done any stuff for itunes, but I imagine you want to make sure the pixel aspect ratio is square (with the appropriate frame dimensions) and adjust the quality slider til you find the sweet spot. I'd mark an in and out in the preview window and mark a section of about a minute long so you can extrapolate what the file size will be for your total duration.

One thing, if you are adjusting your pixel aspect ratio, you probably want to set the resize filter to best in the frame controls panel.

HD and iTunesU Compression

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.