Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Safari and Firefox on the same Macbook Pro?

Can I use both Safari and Firefox simultaneously? I like Safari but my online banking requires Firefox.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 11:35 AM

Yes.

(65198)

6 replies

Mar 31, 2012 7:52 PM in response to sheilafromdc

If the website complains and refuses to load, try this:

Go to your Safari preferences, and click the Advanced pane, then select "Show Develop menu in menu bar". Then, go up to the Develop menu, select "user agent" and select whatever user agent placates the website.

If the website renders properly with Safari, use it. It is as secure, or more so, than any other browser.

Nov 4, 2013 9:21 AM in response to John Galt

Hello Mr John Galt,

My problem is I am unble to log on to a perticular secured site.

I would like to do so without installing microsoft internet explorer on my mac book air

I tried to access the user agent via develop, in safari preferences but the user agents are all greyed out and I am unable to select any.

Is there something that I am missing.

Thanks

Seunarine

Can I use Safari and Firefox on the same Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.