Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I keep old appointments from deleting in my iphone calendar?

It seems iphone's calendar automatically deletes past appointments. It won't even let me make an appointment for something that happened in the past. I need to reference old appointments though so is there some way to make the iphone save old appointments or at least ask me? It has nothing to do with syncing to my computer as I rarely do that. This is really annoying. My old Palm would save everything and it was great since I could go back and see the last time I went to the dentist, etc. Is there a fix to this?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 12:14 PM

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Below the Calendars section, what is selected for Sync?

If not All Events, select All Events.

And what is selected for this under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes?

20 replies

Mar 29, 2012 1:33 PM in response to Allan Sampson

I think that was it. One month was selected for sync in the Calendars section in my iPhone. I changed it to all events. And in iTunes, nothing is selected to sync under the Info tab. Everything is greyed out and it says it's unnecessary to sync since everything syncs via iCloud. Seems like changing the first setting will work. Thanks very much!

May 29, 2013 4:33 AM in response to Kstar7

Katie,

If you are syncing calendar events direct with a supported Calendar app on your computer via the iTunes sync process, this is selected under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes on your computer.

There is an option there to not sync events older than X number of days with a box to manually enter the number of days not to sync events.

Dec 3, 2013 12:07 PM in response to Allan Sampson

I'm having the same problem. I could see that the old appointments were in iCloud, because they appeared in the Calendar page at iCloud.com. But even after I changed the Sync option on my phone to All Events, it still didn't restore old appointments on my iPhone's Calendar app.

I found that when I changed an old appointment description on iCloud.com, that appointment then showed up on my iPhone, but other old appointments are still missing. How can I force all the old iCloud appointments to get pushed to my iPhone (iOS 7 on iPhone 5).

Thanks.

Dec 3, 2013 1:27 PM in response to Allan Sampson

Looks like that did the trick. I'm now seeing all the old appointments on my iPhone.

The procedure also had the nice side effect of removing an old set of unused local calendars (not displayed) left over on my iPhone from before I was using iCloud (I still had Snow Leopard on my iMac at that time, which couldn't sync to iCloud).

BTW, my preferred calendar app on my iPhone is now FantastiCal. Is it necessary to keep the iPhone's native Calendar app running in the background in order for syncing to function?

Thanks for your help!

how can I keep old appointments from deleting in my iphone calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.