Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Navigation App (That Speaks)

Anyone have any recommendations for the best turn by turn navigation app? Price is not a huge concern for me, id rather have a GPS that finds the best route and gets me there without issues. Traffic Reports is also optional.

Thanks

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 12:48 PM

14 replies

Mar 29, 2012 5:08 PM in response to Community User

I'm not too concerned with data as long as it doesn't use massive amounts. I'm on a 2GB plan. I'm also located in New Jersey. I tried Waze and the routes it gave me were very illogical to say the least.

Jul 3, 2012 9:02 AM in response to Community User

I'm looking too. I have been using MotionX which at first I thought was pretty good, but lately it has been suggesting quite illogical routing that if you knew the area and your way around you would never go that way. Worse is that on some routes now that I'm learning the area (I just moved from LA to Queens, NY), I sometimes ignore the bad route suggestion and go the better way, and my current app won't let go of it's suggestion and keeps telling me to make turns and U-Turns, basically to route me back to the way it originally suggested, instead of being able to see that I've found a different way and to catch up to my way and then show me from there. Eventually it will give up and convert to my way, but it takes miles before it gives up and reroutes to a new route.

What I would love to see in a GPS for when you have a basic idea of how to go, but just not all the details, that you could put in high lights of the route, like "Route 80" instead of "Route 46." kind of thing and then the app would create a routing using Route 80 and fill in the blanks to get you to your destination. Of course that would require you have some knowledge of your area. Which you could get looking at your map on your mobile device or computer before leaving on your trip.

So Waze doesn't sound appealing. I guess I'll look into CoPilot unless anyone has other suggestions?

Jul 3, 2012 1:17 PM in response to deggie

It's been over a month since I made this topic, and I wound up settling on Navigon. The app doesn't have the best rating, but all the negative reviews for the app are really just early purchasers of Navigon that are angry they no longer recieve free map updates. But the app itself is wonderful, very accurate, loical routes, and a clear turn by turn navigation voice. I'm very satisfied. Oh...and I paid only $30 for it.

<Edited by Host>

Jul 9, 2012 8:22 PM in response to Embalmo

You might want to rethink the update. I've had Navigon for a couple of years and loved it. I updated yesterday and though my app says east coast, all the states are west coast states. Its worthless to me now. I had bought both east and west coast. (I live in the east but attended a wedding in the west region) I have tried the restore purchases button. I've deleted and reloaded it. I followed another user's suggestion to turn my phone off and back on. Nothing works. I'm stuck with an app that says east coast but contains only western states. I'd skip that update if I were you.

Best Navigation App (That Speaks)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.