Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad has said preparing to ship for the last couple of days but hasnt shipped? Any help

I ordered the iPad on the 23 and it changed to preparing to ship on the 26th of this month but has been like that for the past few days. Any help?

I also got it engraved

iPad

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 2:03 PM

10 replies

Mar 29, 2012 6:47 PM in response to lealjoe10

I'm like you, but I ordered even earlier, on March 15. I also asked for the engraving, not realizing at the time that it would delay my order. I got an email from them saying it would ship April 5 and arrive April 12, almost a month from the date of my order.

A week after I placed my order, I received another email from Apple on March 22, saying: "We are pleased to inform you that your recent iPad order will ship sooner than expected. Your order is now expected to deliver by April 9, 2012."

So according to that, they moved up my delivery date from April 12 to April 9. Three whole days. Out of a month.

On March 27th, my order status on the Order Page went from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment". It has been stuck at "Preparing for Shipment" for the last 3 days. Meanwhile, two other items I ordered at the same time (iPad cover and the camera connection cable) have already arrived.

I called Apple to ask them about the status, but they could offer no additional information. They just said it will arrive by the date mentioned in the last email, which is April 9th. Then I asked to switch from Standard Shipping to Overnight, which they did. As a result, the arrive by date is now April 6th instead of April 9th.

None of it seems to have made much difference. April 6th is still over 3 weeks from the date of my order. As for the "Preparing for Shipment" thing, I don't think it means anything. Mine has been stuck at that stage for the last 3 days. With the weekend coming, I'm guessing it's going to be stuck there a while longer.

Mar 30, 2012 8:37 AM in response to lealjoe10

Here's an update to my post.

The status on my iPad finally changed to "Shipped" this morning, and I received a shipment notification email from Apple. So here's the period I waited under each "status".

March 15, 2012: Order placed.

March 15, 2012 - March 27, 2012: Status "Processing"

March 27, 2012 - March 30, 2012: Status "Preparing for Shipment"

March 30, 2012: Status "Shipped"

However, there is a problem. As I mentioned in my previous post, I had changed shipping method to Overnight Shipping. This means next business day delivery. I also had Overnight Shipping on my iPad accessories (cover and camera cable, which I indeed received the day after they were mailed). Since the iPad was shipped today, Overnight Shipping means I should receive it April 2, which is the next business day (since March 31 and April 1 are Saturday and Sunday).

However, the shipment notice says it will be delivered by April 4, two days later than it should arrive. So the total shipping time is March 30 - April 4, which is 5 days instead of the Overnight Shipping I was promised.

I noticed that when I received the iPad accessories (which actually shipped Overnight), the shipment tracking page said:

Service Type: Standard Overnight - Indirect

However, for the iPad itself, the shipment tracking page says:

Service Type: IP Direct Distribution - Indirect

I don't know what this Service Type means. It's obviously not Overnight, and that's why it's taking 5 days to arrive. I have no idea why Apple changed this, since I was promised Overnight delivery.

Mar 30, 2012 10:21 AM in response to Xenofere

I called fedex and they said that its express shipping, that they dont do overnight shipping for international shippments. Mine said the same thing but you got to remember that technically its 3 days because weekends dont count. So we are going to get ours before other people in our bulk shipment. So everyone elses who's ipad got shipped with ours will probably get it friday.

My iPad has said preparing to ship for the last couple of days but hasnt shipped? Any help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.